Next Meeting: Friday, November 21st Dinner Meeting
Exploring Future Career Paths
Student Event - At our Section’s first meeting on the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering’s Brooklyn campus, a diverse panel of young chemical engineers will discuss what led them to their current positions. The panelists will also offer their advice on possible future moves you might make, such as which direction your career should go - advanced engineering education, or other options such as law school, biomedical, or other paths, as well as the importance of the Professional Engineer credentials and continuing education during your career.
Panelists: A diverse panel of young professionals, including these chemical engineers:
• James Galloway, Senior Manager at Pfizer, Inc. Bio.
• Olabisi Kenku, Environmental Engineer / Project Manager at the New York State Dept. of Environmental Conservation. Bio.
• Taylor Knoblock, EIT, Staff Engineer at Roux Associates. Bio.
• Bianca White, Project Engineer at Con Edison, Inc. Bio.
Topic: “Exploring Future Career Paths”
When: Friday, November 21, 2014, 5:00 - 8:00 pm (5:00-6:00 pm: Registration, Networking & Buffet Dinner; 6:00-8:00 pm: Panel Discussion)
Where: NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering, Metrotech Campus, Brooklyn. Jacobs Building, room number JAB 475. Map. Directions.
Costs: for Networking, Buffet, and Panel Discussion. Register Now.
• Free for all. Audience should include students, young professionals, and experienced chemical engineers.
Note: Limited to first 70 people (room capacity) who register.
As of 10/30, we have registered the first 11 reservations.
If you are not a Member of this Section, you can apply the $10 additional amount paid as a Guest to a full Membership for 2014-15. Please notify Treasurer Joel Kirman that you wish to be a Member. Register Now.
Save the Dates: 2014 Meeting Dates
• Friday, Nov. 21, Student Event at NYU School of Engineering, Brooklyn, NY. Panel Discussion concerning Future Career Paths.
• Thursday, Dec. 18 (tentative date), Joint Meeting with the Metropolitan Section of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) at Ukrainian East Village Restaurant, 140 Second Ave (just south of East 9th Street), Manhattan. (5:30 - 7:30 pm) Topic and Speaker: to be determined.
• Tuesday, Jan. 20, Dinner Meeting at Pfizer Building, 219 East 42nd Street, Manhattan. (5:30 - 7:30 pm) Topic and Speaker: to be determined.