Next Meeting: Monday, September 15th, 2014 (a full-day meeting)
Reserve Now (Early-Bird Rates end 8/15)
8th Annual Energy & Resources Conference:
Advances in Engineering Materials
PDH Credits applied for
Eighth Annual Energy & Resources Conference (a full-day meeting).
Sessions for Advances in Engineering Materials to include:
When: Monday, September 15th Conference, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (Early morning schedule: 7:30 am - Registration/Continental Breakfast; 8:30 am - Welcome and Opening Remarks; 8:45 am - Session 1). Times subject to change.
Venue: Con Edison Building, 4 Irving Place, New York NY. You must be pre-registered to gain access to this conference. Map.
Costs for Networking, Breakfast, Lunch and Presentations. Reserve Now.
• $75 for AIChE, Metro NY Members and Sponsoring Organizations;
• $100 for Non-Members of AIChE, Metro NY Section / Guests; Become a Member
• $55 for Students (limited to first 25 students who register and pay)
PDH Credits: $25 additional, if available.
Presentations are available from last year’s Seventh Annual Energy & Resources Conference
Challenges and Opportunities in Climate Change
If you are not a Member of this Section, you can apply the $10 additional amount paid as a Guest to a full Membership for 2014-15. Please notify Treasurer Joel Kirman that you wish to be a Member. Register Now.
Save the Dates: 2014 Meeting Dates
• Monday, Sept. 15, Eighth Annual Energy & Resources Conference. A full day technical conference on Advanced Materials at the Con Edison Building, New York City.
• Tuesday, Oct. 21, Annual Meeting at the Ukrainian East Village Restaurant, 140 Second Ave (just south of East 9th Street), Manhattan. (5:30 - 7:30 pm). Topic and Speaker: to be determined. At our Section's past Annual Meetings, we had a global leader examine either the the past or future of chemical engineering, and offer views of what we can expect of the field or how a chemical engineer can lead in other areas affecting the wider world. [Note: earlier listed as Monday, 10/20.]
• Monday, Nov. 10, Student Event at a campus location. Panel Discussion concerning Future Career Paths.
• December event (date to be determined), Joint Meeting with the Metropolitan Section of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) at Ukrainian East Village Restaurant, 140 Second Ave (just south of East 9th Street), Manhattan. (5:30 - 7:30 pm) Topic and Speaker: to be determined.
• Tuesday, Jan. 20, Dinner Meeting at Pfizer Building, 219 East 42nd Street, Manhattan. (5:30 - 7:30 pm) Topic and Speaker: to be determined.
Outreach: AIChE, Metro New York Section will be at the 11th Annual Engineering Expo on Sunday, March 30th at White Plains High School. (www.beanengineer.org) Photo from last year’s expo.