Next Meeting: Thursday, May 30th (a full-day meeting)
7th Annual Energy & Resources Conference:
Challenges and Opportunities in
• Introduction • What Is Agreed Upon Regarding Climate Change
• Implications and Chemical Engineering Opportunities regarding the Water, Air, and Other Areas Preliminary Program
When: Thursday, May 30th Conference, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm (Early morning schedule: 7:30 am - Registration/Continental Breakfast; 8:30 am - Welcome and Opening Remarks; 8:45 am - Session 1).
Where: Con Edison Building, 4 Irving Place,, New York NY. You must be pre-registered to gain access to this meeting. Venue
PDH credits anticipated (for NYS PEs) [additional fees, if PDHs offered]
Costs* : • $100 for AIChE, Metro NY Members;
• $125 for Non-Members or Guests;
• $50 for Students (limited to first 25 students who register before Friday, 5/17).
* NEW - Must register by Friday, 5/24; higher fees, starting 5/25 - $125 for Members; $150 for Guests
You can also Reserve, by calling David Deutsch at (917) 684-1659, or via E-mail to email@example.com
If paying by check (made out to “Metro New York Section, AIChE”), please send to Mr. Joel Kirman, Treasurer, AIChE, Metro NY Section, 67-52 181st Street, Flushing, NY 11365. Checks must be received by Friday, May 24th (No mail-in after 5/24).
Download the Registration Form.
Details on Upcoming Events.
Monday, June 17th: Plant Tour of Newtown Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility
A special plant tour of this modern (NYC Dept. of Environmental Protection’s) wastewater treatment facility with its unique design for sludge digestors.
Save the Dates: 2013 Meeting Dates (Tentative)
When: • Monday, June 17th (Plant Tour) • Monday, September 16 • Monday, October 21 • Monday, November 18 • Tuesday, December 10 (Career Day at the Chem Show)
Outreach: AIChE, Metro New York Section at the 10th Annual Engineering Expo on 4/7 at White Plains High School. (www.beanengineer.org):